Saturday, February 23, 2013

Rachel Snyder: Prayer for Radical Courage

via Golden Age of Gaia





rachel_snyder prayer for radical courage


in all things, may i travel unarmored and unafraid,

settled into a quiet cradle

whose gentle sway bears the mark of the mother’s hand


let my mind be emptied of false truths and accusations

stripped free of nagging encumbrance

my essence naked and alive in original, unswaddled glory


if i am called to a gate that refuses to open,

let me turn peaceably in another direction

and be piloted by the stars that illumine my oft-weary soul



if the storms of liberation demand that no prisoners be taken,

let me raise the sword of truth with clear-eyed compassion

for myself and those with whom i can walk no longer


grant me the steadfast courage to endure this long, unwinding dance

to remain unassailed amid the dizzying of the everyday,

to sift through an onslaught of disconcordant ambiguity

until i discover in its silken folds the glimmer of the familiar

as it beckons my heart toward home,

allow me to hear my name sung in tones adamantine

and to answer with the radiant grace of ten thousand suns


in all things, let me unflinchingly distinguish the real from the unreal

loosen that which aches to be untied and tether the hitherto unsustainable,

relinquish lingering hypnosis to fresh wind and flowing sails

and the resurrection of all once thought dead and gone


if unbridled courage be the blossom of an irrepressible heart,

let me whisper sweet, sad goodbyes to the old

and issue fervent welcome to the new,

let me be strong and wise and sufficiently unsettled

that i may revision and revolutionize the very underpinning

of my unquenchable, exquisite design


in all things, may my spirit offer up a refuge

where courage can take root and thrive,

where i may lower a smooth-edged plow into fertile emptiness

and be pleased by whatsoever greets me

in the dew of an immaculate morn


http://rachelsnyder.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/prayer-for-radical-courage/








via Golden Age of Gaia