Saturday, October 20, 2012

Leslie Espaillat: Spirit Rescue Work on 9/11 – Part 1/2

via The 2012 Scenario



I believe I first met Leslie Espaillat on Galactic Roundtable in 2009, but Leslie can correct me if my memory fails. When she told me of her experiences on 9/11 consoling people who were about to die in the Twin Towers and then rescuing lost souls who stayed near to her after the Twin Towers collapsed, I asked her to write her story up.


I’m sure there are many other readers who like Leslie also participated with people under similar circumstances and in similar ways that Leslie discusses here. I’m glad Leslie has decided to discuss what happened for her the day her world exploded into tragedy. In two parts.


Spirit Rescue Work on 9/11 – Part 1/2


Leslie E. Espaillat


I don’t want this narrative to diminish the experiences of those who lost their lives and the lives of their loved ones on that tragic and infamous day of 9/11, 2001. I have too much respect to make this be about me; it’s an event about all of us.


Over the years, I’ve been reluctant to speak a word about what happened on that fateful day except to a few individuals. But I do believe with all my heart it’s time to speak about a supernatural occurrence that I experienced on that day.


I mentioned it to two of the closest most trustworthy people who would not think I was crazy and a teacher I would meet over the phone for the first time on that week of 9/11, and less than six others throughout the years. I know it’s the right time, now. I want to thank Steve Beckow of the 2012 Scenario blog for suggesting I tell my account. It definitely seemed to confirm that the time was right.


It was September 11, 2001, primary election day here in New York City. I called in early to the office, explaining that I would not be there at my usual 8:30 AM schedule because I was volunteering in a political campaign. I was involved in handing out last minute flyers to each passerby.


However, prior to getting on the subway to head out to work, I bade the candidate farewell, and wished him all the best, as well as to his opponent who was nearby. I took the train with no incident, and then transferred to another line to reach my final destination when the conductor got on the speakerphone to make an announcement about a plane hitting the WTC at 8:46 am.


Soon after, the subway was coming out from the tunnel up to the elevated tracks above street level, I could see smoke from one of the twin tower buildings. I can remember that morning as a beautiful, crystal clear day with not a cloud in the sky.


I got off at the Queensboro station stop, and remained on the platform with a few other passengers who chose to stay and witness the catastrophic event from across the East River facing the North & South towers. At this point, all other incoming trains had stopped running for most of the day so I stood on the platform without other trains interrupting or blocking my view.


What I witnessed next was a second plane strike at 9:03 am at the second tower. I was very familiar with those towers because on Tuesdays or Fridays at lunchtime or before/after work, I would deliver nutritional products from my very part-time work to the WTC.


What happened next could be described as a Quantum leap or jump. Quantum in the sense of what I observed was almost as if my universe collided into another dimension, and an energy force moved me from one form to another. American dictionary describes a quantum leap/ jump, “as a sudden change from one energy state to another… I will explain what happen in a moment.


Yet, at the same time it felt like a radical pausing of time, as if time froze. I am not sure if I’m making myself clear, but it was certainly a very unique experience.


Therefore, let me start with this. As I was standing at the platform and watching the fire my heart was in pieces, my heart was weeping with immense grief. I could only think of all the people trapped in the upper floors where the fires in both buildings were occurring. I wanted to save them, and stretch my arms to reach them all from where I was standing, and of course that was simply wishful thinking. All I could mutter was ‘Oh my GOD’.


What happened next is beyond the comprehension of most people; I was transported to one of the towers. In that moment, it felt like I was split into two. I found myself in a dark stairwell with people screaming. I didn’t notice a fire. We were going down the stairs and I could feel the panic of others.


What followed next was something so explosive causing the stairwell to buckle and be sucked down like a vacuum. We all started to free-fall, and what I will never ever forget are the numerous hands that grabbed my shoulder and body while we were all falling to the bottom. I still get chills when I think of this moment.


I don’t know for how long I was in the building and of course, I never hit the bottom because I was immediately transported back to the train station platform where my body was either being held up by other entities (Angels, Higher Self or Guardians) or I was able to split, and be in two places at once.


{Perhaps, someone can help explain this to me – AAM?} [Steve: I will ask, Leslie.]


After the buildings collapsed, I turned around, and I will never forget these two individuals – an Asian woman and a blue-collar worker – a few feet away from me, and I asked, “Did what I think I saw just happen? Is it real?” They both nodded their heads and said ‘yes’ very softly, and obviously both shaken to the core, as well. I completely lost track of time, and I left the station about 10:30 am in a very weak, and somber manner.


I was in such disbelief that the moment I walked into the office, I was asked if everything was okay because everyone who knew me, and saw me said “ You look as white as a ghost.” They said, “You have no color,” and I always wear lipstick, soft make-up, and walk into work with an upbeat attitude.


However, it was not to be on that day. I was so confused as to what happened to me on that platform, and more importantly why the WTC was hit with so many people there? I went straight to where many of my colleagues, and clients were standing and listened to the news unfolding.


At that time, I worked as a case manager for a very well known non-profit organization, and we had clients at the office, and a few were in a panic about family or friends in the Wall Street area where the WTC was located. I no longer had time to process what had taken place on that platform because I was too busy consoling others.


Early in the evening, I headed home by train through other train lines because most of the city was on very high alert. I can remember the silence, and the very low energy of the other passengers on the subway car. I wanted to get home as quickly as possible.


I had no time to grieve during the day except on few occasions I’d catch myself, and my eyes would well up, but I no time to grieve or think. Also, I would be going home to an empty apartment because that past summer of 2001, my former husband had taken our daughter to finish High School in Florida, and my son had just completed High School and wanted to go to college in Florida, as well.


I could cry alone for as long as I wanted to. I knew my children would be worried, and I would find messages on my answering machine. I was an empty nester for the first time in my life, and that was not easy for me, grieving from that also.


I walked up to my apartment as fast as I could. I turned the key to open the door, and locked it behind me and rested my body against the door, and started to sob like a baby. My sobbing didn’t last very long because what happened next was unreal. This is where the supernatural or multidimensional worlds collide.


I could not explain what I was about to experience, but I had a familiar occurrence. In the past, people close to me would show up briefly in my dreams or passing by to say goodbye before their death or after, but what occurred was beyond anything I could conjure up.


I immediately stopped sobbing as soon as I realized there were three souls/spirits/ individuals in my apartment with me. I immediately knew they were from the WTC center. I went into helping mode and started to console them. I was never afraid.


I was in the second year of reading and practicing A Course in Miracles and I believe this book prepared me to remain calm and peaceful. I did tell them, “I don’t know how, but I promise I will find a way to help each one of you go to the Light, to the other side where you should be.” I also told them I would turn on the television so that we can all hear the news as to what happened to the towers.


Let me tell you that I sense they were all expressing serious confusion, and loss. I’d also like to tell you about each person/soul who was present in the apartment. One was a very shy man who was sitting at the end of my sofa in quiet despair and disbelief. I believe him to be in his 40-50’s, and he stayed in that space the entire time.


Then there was this bubbly young lady in her 20’s, who found comfort in my bedroom, and she would sit at the end of the bed watching, and listening to all the 9/11 events, and the third individual also a woman with a family to go home to in her late 30’s to 40’s spent most of her time in the kitchen. I got the impression that she spends much time in the kitchen cooking for her family.


She would also cause a ruckus at night with the pots and pans. I was afraid the neighbors would hear her, but no one came to my door. I also noticed that there behavior was the same each night; they picked their favorite spots in the apartment.


{As I am writing this on the computer (October 9, 2012), I noticed 11:11 pm on the clock.}


(Continued in Part 2.)








via The 2012 Scenario