Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12: The Bliss Builds….

via The 2012 Scenario



People are naturally curious about each other’s experience and, while it’s early in the day (7:00 a.m. Pacific Time), I did want to rush a brief article in before the 8:00 a.m. deadline for the Daily Digest.


My 12:12 a.m. on 12/12/12 was uneventful. My sleep the same.


By 6:30 a.m., a half hour after I awoke, I was aware that something was occurring and it was occurring in places and in ways I’m not used to noticing or tracking.


You recall the story of the frog who was placed in a pot of water? The temperature was raised so slowly that the frog was unaware of what was happening until it was all over, so to speak.


I became aware at 6:30 that the changes happening to me were happening in places I was not used to observing and at a pace that was, up to now, too slow to be perceptible.


Another way to describe it would be to compare it to the slow building of an orchestra’s performance to … well, to something which at this point I have no prior idea of.


At 6:30 a.m. I was aware of feeling “full,” as if I had eaten my fill of food. At this point I’m feeling … hmmm, what’s the word? On the verge of bliss. Near to passing from a place of awareness that I’d regard as “normal” to a place of awareness that I’d regard as not normal at all. It’s a place of awareness that I don’t ordinarily inhabit. Perhaps I could use Carlos Castaneda’s words – “non-ordinary reality.”


I also notice that I’m losing consciousness of the outside world, losing a sense of feeling related to it or much caring about what happens in it, as uncaring as that may sound. The outer world is slowly disappearing for me as an item of consciousness or awareness or focus.


I anticipate this feeling building and it may result before long in my not remaining aware of how my experience is building or of what transpires around me so I mention that beforehand before it overtakes me.


I did read the experience of people on the discussion group and it varied from not much happening to “incredible,” “lovely,” “peaceful,” etc. Said one participant:


“The love I felt coming in as I finished this meditation was amazing and I have felt uplifted throughout the rest of the day.”


There isn’t the volume of reaction that I expected but one of the vagaries of communication today may be that the people who are uplifted, who exit early, later to return, etc., may not be interested in communicating today or may be unable to communicate. So response may be weighted towards those for whom not much happened or perhaps even negative things happened. Those in deep bliss may remain silent.


Remember that wherever you are today will be magnified so stay in your heart and stay out of judgment or blaming.


Just in the course of writing these last few paragraphs, my internal state continues to unfold. I am in bliss now and finding my attention wandering.


I (and perhaps the other editors – though I cannot say for sure) will endeavor to post whatever we can, but, if the bliss builds to a point where it’s impossible to remain at our posts, I ask you to forgive us. We too will be experiencing our day and that experience may remove us from conscious participation.


Already I feel the pull of the desire to focus in on the bliss and go with where it leads. If I can I’ll update you over the course of the day; if I cannot, I beg your forgiveness and will rejoin you tomorrow.








via The 2012 Scenario