Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Big Project This Morning is to Fry an Egg

via The 2012 Scenario



My big project this morning is to fry an egg.


I take my ratty, almost-new-but-planned-obsolescent frying pan (you know, the one they said would last you a lifetime and it didn’t last you a week – not the one shown here) and I smother it with butter. But then I remember something else and I go do that something else.


And then I remember that I want to write something and forget to finish the egg.


And then I open up a yogurt drink and reach for an apple and forget all about the egg.


Do you see now why we may need some time to adjust after our eggs are flipped? What am I doing besides feeling bliss? What did I set out to do? What was it I really intended to do? Where went my memory? Where went my caring?








via The 2012 Scenario